SISTERS RODEO PARADE – 2024 PARADE RULES
- Any entrant who violates these rules will be denied the right to participate and/or immediately removed from the parade route and may be banned from future parades.
- Every entrant must sign a PARTICIPANT ASSUMPTION OF RISK / INDEMNIFICATION / WAIVER. Any entrant who has not provided an original signed PARTICIPANT ASSUMPTION OF RISK / INDEMNIFICATION / WAIVER will be denied entry to the parade.
- The Sisters Rodeo Association reserves the right to deny participation or remove from the parade any exhibit, person, animal, wagon, vehicle, or signage that may be deemed unsuitable or objectionable or which was falsely entered, without assigning reason thereof. The Sisters Rodeo Association reserves the general right to remove any entrant from the parade at any time.
- Throwing of any items during the parade is prohibited. (e.g., no candy or other items are allowed to be tossed). If you have something you wish to share with parade spectators, it must be handed out by entrants who are walking along side your float or vehicle.
- Every entrant must display their entry numbers at all times during the parade. Entry numbers are provided to participants during the check in process.
- Participants are prohibited from slowing or stopping the forward progress of the parade (e.g., no stopping to perform during the parade) and must follow the instructions of parade marshals at all times.
- All motorized vehicles, and any trailer being towed by a motorized vehicle, must be insured and operated by a licensed and insured driver.
- Any firearms carried in the parade are subject to all applicable state and federal laws. No firearms may be fired at any time during the parade.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited during the parade and in the parade staging areas.
- All children 12 years old and younger participating in the parade must be accompanied by an adult.
Horse (and other Equine) Rules
- A horse shall be ridden by a competent rider and be under control at all times. Any rider or animal that may pose a danger will be immediately removed from the parade.
- All riders must ride a safe distance from the crowd and never within reach of a spectator at any time.
- Humane treatment of animals must be exercised at all times by all participants. Any inhumane treatment will be reported to the appropriate governing association.
- The Sisters Rodeo Association reserves the right to refuse unloading privileges or remove any animal from the parade or parade staging area that has a disease or undesirable ailment as determined by a Sisters Rodeo Association contracted veterinarian or the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
SISTERS RODEO PARADE – PARTICIPANT Assumption of Risk / Indemnification / Waiver
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the 2024 Sisters Rodeo Parade (the “Parade”), the undersigned named below agrees:
- I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the Sisters Rodeo Parade Rules (the “Rules”), which are incorporated herein by reference, including without limitation to the provisions related to the full release and waiver of liability of the Sisters Rodeo Association, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors and agents (collectively referred to as “Sisters Rodeo”) and the City of Sisters.
- I grant permission to Sisters Rodeo and its designees to use my image and likeness in connection with any broadcast, publication, or reproduction of the Parade, in any way or medium whatsoever now existing or hereafter created.
- I fully understand and acknowledge that:
- There are risks and dangers associated with participating in the Parade, which could result in bodily injury, partial and/or total disability, paralysis, and death.
- The social and economic losses and/or damages that could result from these risks and dangers could be severe.
- These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction, or negligence of the undersigned participant(s) or the action, inaction, or negligence of others including, but not limited to, Sisters Rodeo and the City of Sisters.
- There may be other risks and dangers not known or which may not be reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- I accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Sisters Rodeo and/or the City of Sisters.
- I fully acknowledge, understand, and agree that I am solely responsible for any consequential or other loss, injury, or damage occasioned by or arising from any horse or other livestock used by me at the Parade, including during the preparation, duration, and disbanding of the Parade and any parts thereof.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sisters Rodeo and the City of Sisters, and their agents, affiliates, employees, managers, officers, other contractors, heirs and assigns (hereinafter “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, damage, costs, expenses, awards, fines, judgments, and attorneys’ fees (including, without limitation, expert witness fees and other litigation expenses) of every nature arising out of or in connection with both my participation in the Parade and the participation of any person participating in the Parade on my behalf or at my invitation.
- I, for myself, my heirs, next of kin, executors, personal representatives and assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Sisters Rodeo and the City of Sisters from liability from any and all claims, demands, losses or damages, including from the negligence of Sisters Rodeo and/or the City of Sisters, resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses (including death), property loss, economic loss, emotional distress, psychic injury, pain or suffering of any kind, attorneys fees, and damages arising from, but not limited to, my participation in the Parade.
- I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Oregon and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS PARTICIPANT ASSUMPTION OF RISK / INDEMNIFICATION / WAIVER AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.